Fusion is powered by volunteers who find their purpose in serving within a community of like-minded people who want to use their gifts and skills to encourage others. In fact, the kinds of programs we run are often directed by the skills and passions of our workers. We believe in the importance of everybody having a place to contribute, whatever they can offer.
Check out our current positions below and complete the contact form to find out more or to apply. All roles with Fusion Perth require a valid Working With Children Check Card and Police Clearance, which our team can help you with.
Position Type: Paid Part-Time
Role: Selecting, recruiting, inducting and supervising these lead tenants and providing all the functions of casework for the student residents.
Salary: SCHADS 3.1 $31.02 per hour
Fusion Australia Perth Housing Service is seeking applicants for a Caseworker and volunteer support worker for 15 hours a week.
The Fusion Student Household Service supports young people living out of home to finish secondary schooling. The 2 households have live-in volunteers (lead tenants) who support the students as mentors in life skills.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in Youthwork, Social work, OT or equivalent applicable experience
Fshs relief staff
Position Type: Voluntary
Role: To support young people and Staff Residents in Fusion’s Student Household Service by spending an evening (6-10pm) in the household on a weekly or fortnightly basis
Time Commitment: 4 hours per week/fortnight
- Being present in the household between 6-10pm
- Building community and spending time with residents
- Providing respite for the Staff Residents, or, if Staff Resident is home, assisting them to manage evening tasks and build community within the household
- Assisting young people with dinner preparation, eating with residents and facilitating after-dinner cleanup
- Role-modelling Christian values to residents
Requirements: Youth work experience, flexibility, confidence and resilience as you will be working with complex and vulnerable young people
Position Type: Voluntary
Role: To vitally assist the work of Fusion Perth by helping to secure funding to maintain and expand Fusion’s programs and capacity
Time Commitment: 1 day per week
- Grants – researching and completing applications
- Coordinating fundraising events
- Sourcing financial and material donations
- Attending necessary events to promote Fusion and its programs
- Liaising with churches, businesses, individuals and organisations
Requirements: Must have fundraising and grant-writing experience
FSHS Staff Residents
Position Type: Voluntary, with all rent, utilities and food supplied
Role: Live-in staff person in one of Fusion’s Student Household Service Properties
Commitment: We require a commitment of one year (with possible extension by mutual agreement)
Responsibilities: As a Staff Resident you will take the lead in establishing a positive culture within your household and maintaining a strong community of support.
- You will live in a Fusion household with three young people and one other Staff Resident
- You will be a positive role model that assists young people to develop healthy relationships with their families, peers and the wider community
- You will help young people within the household to develop vital life skills to progress towards independent living
- You will be on shift at least 3 nights per week and 1 weekend night
- You will support and monitor the safety and well-being of young people in the household
- You will meet with and provide regular updates to the Case Manager supporting the young people in your household
Requirements: Must have valid C Class drivers license and experience in chaplaincy, youth work, pastoral care, social work or similar
Position Type: Voluntary, more than one place available
Role: To attend designated events and capture high quality images which can be used in promotion and advertising
Time Commitment: approx 1 day per month
- Capturing high-quality images during Fusion’s programs
- Sorting and selecting images which can be used to promote and represent Fusion Perth
- Making all images available to Fusion Perth and storing these appropriately on a computer belonging to Fusion
Requirements: Must have own camera and necessary experience